To provide fair and equal chance of winning to all My Life List members, the following are the official rules for all contests on the My Life List website.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY.
Each prize winner must supply My Life List with his/her legal name, mailing address, birth date, day and evening telephone numbers. In the case of a cash winner, winner also must supply social security number. (For international participants, tax ID requirements apply.)
By submitting your entry in the competition, you allow GoalsCorp Media, Inc. to use your image and story in promotional materials for the site. This competition is run only on the Internet. Winners may not request substitutions of prize winnings. All winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees, and all such additional costs that may be incurred.
Entry period runs from 12:01AM EST, January 10, 2013 to 11:59PM EST, January 31, 2013. Goals Corp Media's computer clock governs time stamp.
Neither GoalsCorp Media, Inc., GoalsCorp Media, Inc. sponsors, partners, nor employees of GoalsCorp Media, Inc. may be held liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of usage of any winners of a prize once possession has been taken of the product by winner. GoalsCorp Media, Inc. is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with or resulting from any contest promoted by GoalsCorp Media, Inc..
If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, GoalsCorp Media, Inc. may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
Management, employees and families of GoalsCorp Media, Inc. are prohibited from winning any prizes awarded by GoalsCorp Media, Inc..
GoalsCorp Media, Inc. reserves the right to alter any rules of any contest at any time. If you have any questions or complaints about a GoalsCorp Media, Inc. contest, please contact email@example.com
- Competition Period: The 2012 GoalsCorp Media, Inc. 21-Day Challenge on mylifelist.org
("the Competition") entry period runs from 12:01 AM EST, January 10, 2012 to 11:59PM EST, January 31, 2012.
Sponsor's computer clock governs time stamp.
- Eligibility: Members of mylifelist.org are eligible to enter the Competition.
officers, directors, agents, and representatives of mylifelist.org ("Sponsor"), subsidiaries,
affiliates, promotion, advertising, design, web design, web hosting, publicity, production and print
production agencies and anyone connected with the production, hosting and distribution of this
Competition (collectively, "Competition Entities"), their immediate family members (parents, children,
siblings, spouse and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) and members of
any of their households are not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize.
- How to Enter: between January 10-31, 2013, you must complete the following in order to enter this competition:
- Be a registered member of mylifelist.org. To register, please visit www.mylifelist.org and join. You must create a user profile that contains a screen name and a valid email address.
- Have at least one (1) goal.
- Points will be awarded based on these criteria:
- For every day you post a progress update during the contest period, you will receive 1 point (Max 21 Points).
- Encourage your friends to join www.mylifelist.org, comment on your goal and support you to achieve this goal. For each friend who comments, you will receive 1 point (Max 21 Points per friend).
- If you have any trouble registering for the site, or publishing your life list goals, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
- Participant Rights: By entering this competition, you explicitly (i) certify that you meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in these official rules; (ii) grant to the sponsor the right to use and publish excerpts from your goal and non-locational biographical information you provide during the competition; (iii) represent and warrant that you own or have exclusive rights to the entirety of the entry and have the right to grant to the sponsor temporary rights to post excerpts of the submitted entry; (iv) represent and warrant that you have not used licensed material or any material owned by someone other than you, unless you have obtained written permission to do so and have properly credited the source; and (v) represent and warrant that your entry is original and that you have not copied or plagiarized the content or portions of text for your entry from other material.
- Judging and Winner Selection: The competition will be as follows:
- January 10, 2013 - Launch of competition; submission period begins for entrants to go to the 21-Day Challenge page and enter the contest through the "Click Here to Enter" button.
- January 31, 2013 - 11:59PM (EST) - Submission period ends; contest closes.
- February 1-4, 2013: The final points for participants of the 21-Day Challenge contest will be reviewed and winners announced at the Life Lister's Ball in Boston, Massachusetts on Saturday, February 5, 2013. Winners will be posted on www.mylifelist.org Monday, February 7, 2013 and also notified by email. Sponsor reserves the right to make substitutions to the Prizes, if necessary.
- General: Competition will be run and judged by mylifelist.org, whose decisions are final. The submission of entries will be conducted solely on the Internet at www.mylifelist.org only. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, incomplete or garbled entries; for those who cannot access the Internet or cannot click-through for any period of time; for messages that are garbled; if entry is not captured correctly, or for any technical, hardware, software, telephone, Internet, virus contamination, network, human error, electronic malfunctions, Force Majeure, or any other problems; and for delay, failure, or malfunction for any reason. GoalsCorp Media, Inc. assumes no liability for damage caused to the entrant's or any other person's/entity's computer hardware, software or communications network, regardless of cause. GoalsCorp Media, Inc. reserves the right to terminate/cancel or modify the online entering process or disqualify any entrant if, in GoalsCorp Media, Inc. sole judgment, they determine that the integrity or fairness of the competition has been, or could be, compromised or that the competition is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention (hacking), fraud, technical failures, Force Majeure or any other cause. Should this competition be terminated/ cancelled during the competition entry period, judging will take place in the manner detailed above from all entries received up to that point of termination/cancellation. In the case of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the member the entry was published under. By entering this competition, each entrant explicitly releases, discharges and holds harmless the competition entities and their respective parent and affiliate companies' shareholders, successors and assigns, one and all, from any and all liability, actions, causes of action, damages, actual, incidental or consequential, claims and demands whatsoever in law or equity, including all "costs," which s/he now has or may acquire, by reason of any personal injury, death, loss of or damage to property, or any reason, occurring during or arising out of his/her participation in the competition. The competition entities and their respective officers, directors, employees, editors, affiliates, parent companies, related entities, partners, partnerships, principals, representatives, agents, licensees, successors and assigns make(i) no warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind concerning the prizes; and (ii) disclaim any implied warranty. The right to receive any prize is non-assignable and non-transferable and no prize substitution, extension, transfer, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Winners may be required to sign Affidavits of Eligibility and publicity, and liability release forms prior to being awarded their prizes.
- If any provision of this competition shall be deemed to violate any international, federal, state, or municipal law, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
- By entering this competition, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, actions and causes of action arising out of or connected with this competition or the prizes awarded and all issues and questions concerning the validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Los Angeles, California. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred and never shall include consequential, incidental, or punitive damages, and in no event attorney's fees or "costs." Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
- Dispute Resolution/Choice of Law: Except where prohibited by law, by participating in this competition, entrant agrees that: All issues and questions concerning the competition and these Official Rules shall be governed by California law without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. Entrant agrees that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this competition shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in California and entrant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Except where prohibited by law, by participating in this competition, entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this competition shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this competition but in no event attorney's fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
By submitting an entry, participants acknowledge that they understand and agree that the use of material containing features and elements similar to or identical with those contained in their goals do not entitle entrants to any compensation. By entering, entrant waives any right of action against content use and assigns in connection with the use of the material (or any part thereof) whether the material contains features or elements similar or identical to those contained in the entrant's submission.
- For a winner's list, please look for an announcement on mylifelist.org during the second week of February 2013.
- Sponsor: GoalsCorp Media, Inc.
One Marina Park Drive
Boston, MA 02210