When visiting an organic farm when in Kenya in August 2011 I found out how easy it is to be able to grow crops in such a dry area. I met the women from the Makindu Friend's Women's Group to talk with them their hopes and dreams about being about to feed their family. We have a piece of land now (see photo). We are in the process of clearing and fencing the land (January 2012). I had some great support the last few months to get donations to get their work done. I'm currently trying to fundraise for a well and greenhouse and fish basin. More information: www.kenyafarm.org
This is going to be on `2012` list !
I LOVE his novels. So twisted, so unique. Here's the list so far:
1. Another Roadside Attraction (1971) READ
2. Even Cowgirls Get the Blues (1976) READ
3. Still Life with Woodpecker (1980) READ
4. Jitterbug Perfume (1984) READ
5. Skinny Legs and All (1990) READ
6. Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas (1994) READ
7. Fierce Invalids Home from Hot Climates (2000) Have to READ
8. Villa Incognito (2003) READ
9. Wild Ducks Flying Backward (2005) — a collection of non-fiction essays, reviews, and short stories. READ
10. B Is for Beer (2009) have to READ
I want to become more fluent in swahili for the potential partnerships and already established friendships I have in east africa. I have been trying to retain what i have already learned and have been reading my book and writing down phrases and listening to my cd everyday for the past week! Update soon!
I know that my family would appreciate having something like this. I want it for future generations
Give back to my community.
I want quality over quantity when it comes to clothing. Less is more.